We're adding to our team: Public Relations Account Executive
We are looking for a practiced public relations professional to join our growing team. Understanding the opportunity to work within a full-service agency, the candidate has a holistic understanding of earned media and opportunities to blend with paid and owned media activations—including organic and sponsored social media content. The ideal candidate has experience engaging with and building awareness among a wide variety of stakeholder groups, with an emphasis on business-to-business audiences and the public sector. Previous experience writing across mediums, including press releases, pitches and bylined articles and whitepapers to crafting social media posts inclusive of copy and visual assets required. Essentials to succeed include a “can-do” attitude, organization and project management skills, and an aptitude for learning—from agency process and procedure to using new, digital tools.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Execute and support day-to-day client activities, including research, implementation and evaluation of public relations initiatives and paying careful attention to budgets, resources, deadlines and client records.
- Develop plans for public relations and social media to effectively reach all audiences with intended messages working with clients, the public relations team and other agency resources.
- Bring fresh thinking for new ways earned media can break through and contribute to paid media program (if applicable).
- Engage with various stakeholder groups, with a particular emphasis on the public sector.
- Widen public relations strategies beyond traditional tactics, finding ways to engage with and build awareness among community and minority groups—on and offline.
- Maintain media distribution lists and use media tools to distribute and manage pitches.
- Research news topics and journalist interests to support pitches.
- Write, edit or proofread press releases, pitches, bylined articles, online content, etc.
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and digital channels, to interest them in covering clients’ stories.
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists.
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople—in-person and over the phone—and facilitate these meetings where appropriate.
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients.
- Provide recommendations around how to “activate” brands in the community by planning and managing client events.
- Manage and assist with client social media accounts—with an understanding of social media best practices for business-to-business and business-to-consumer models.
- Deliver analytics reports on public relations and social media, reporting on coverage, traffic, engagement, impressions, follow figures and other key performance indicators.
- Develop executive summaries for analytics reports to help clients digest and understand success and areas of opportunity for optimization.
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for public relations campaigns.
- Develop briefing materials for projects and media engagements.
- Develop and conduct media training.
- Administrative duties including meeting coordination, agendas, recaps, project schedules and reporting.
- Demonstrate a commitment to do whatever is required to get the job done right with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate proactive work ethic and be a self-starter.
- Deliver work on or before client and internal deadlines.
- Meet with clients—on or offsite.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 3-5 years’ experience in public relations, social media and event management.
- Agency experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent copywriting skills with a creative flair for producing engaging copy with equally strong spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills.
- Must be able to present writing portfolio or examples and earned media coverage that reflects an understanding and ability to write for various mediums and generate news content.
- Preference for candidates with experience in the public sector.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Strong presentation skills from communicating ideas to your team to presenting stories to journalists, the ideal candidate will organize information in a succinct and interesting way to capture attention.
- Superior telephone manner with the confidence to pick up the phone and speak to the media maintaining a positive, friendly and upbeat tone.
- Project management and time-keeping, managing tight deadlines and meeting demands of clients.
- Manages pressures of the team and clients, working quickly and efficiently, without compromising quality.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.