The Media Planner/Buyer is expected to keep current with industry trends and audience media consumption—adjusting campaigns as necessary. You’ll evaluate, recommend, plan and buy media opportunities for assigned accounts while demonstrating an understanding of the client’s business. The Media Planner/Buyer will need to work well with cross-functional groups on multiple accounts to meet client and internal deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult with Media Director, Clients, and/or Account Service to establish media objectives, and strategies for advertising campaigns.
- Study demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for all media.
- Partner with media representatives to evaluate optimum use of budgeted funds to achieve marketing and sales objectives.
- Evaluate editorial content, ratings, and audience composition across all forms of media to determine which would most effectively reach the target audience.
- Present media plans to Media and Account Service team and/or Client for approval and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Meet and communicate approved plans to Media Assistants.
- Input avails from stations into buying system.
- Create media buys based on approved plan and release to partners.
- Maintain media schedules, handle make-good negotiations and review post buys on a weekly basis for all clients.
- Resolve broadcast invoice discrepancies with Media Biller and media representatives.
- Track media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
- Hold media vendors accountable and addressing delivery issues.
- Negotiate added-value for clients.
- Manage daily client workflow with Media Assistants (i.e POVs, performance and spend reports).
- Analyze the effectiveness of each campaign and applying this data to future campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Advanced and thorough knowledge of media planning, buying principles, techniques and terminology.
- 2 years minimum broadcast planning and buying experience required.
- Verbal and written communication proficiency.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the agency.
- Strong and professional negotiating skills.
- Self-motivated, highly dependable, organized and focused demeanor.
- Strong mathematical abilities required in this position.
- Attention to detail required.
- Must be able to occasionally travel to supported client meetings and events.
- MS Office preferred including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with media planning (i.e. Advantage/Webvantage) and buying tools (i.e. Strata).