The Media Assistant should possess a general knowledge of advertising and be attuned to all forms of media, including social media. Primary responsibility consists of issuing purchase orders for advertising space across all forms of media – print (newspaper + magazine), digital, broadcast (TV, cable, radio), and out-of-home. Additionally, the Media Assistant will provide administrative support for the media team in the preparation of media plans, reports, and performance analytics.
Roles + Responsibilities
- Books purchase orders for all media within an assigned group of clients.
- Maintain media schedules and budgets across all clients.
- Demonstrates understanding of each Client business.
- Coordinates creative asset material delivery information including closing deadlines and specifications.
- Monitors placements in progress by spot checking and negotiating credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
- Maintains all media placement orders and is responsible for post-performance reporting.
- Tracks media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
- Collaborates with clients, media partners, media team members and other agency personnel to resolve media billing issues.
- Conducts media research, evaluates data; develops point-of-views; understands various media and their applications against Client strategies/goals.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Entry-level position. Relevant industry experience is appreciated, but not required.
- Strong mathematical abilities required in this position.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, particularly in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to work independently and to collaborate with media buyers and planners as well as client service and accounting teams.
- Critical thinking required to excel in this position.