Director of Public Relations
We’re looking for a Director of Public Relations to lead our PR team. This department leader is responsible for the overall flow and quality of work throughout the PR department through team management and development, retention and growth, and business development. This role is familiar with traditional and digital marketing channels, content marketing and distribution platforms, consumer analytics and emerging media channels and how they are used appropriately.
Duties + Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements both client and agency public relations strategies, policies and procedures.
- Develops and markets agency’s public relations team and its people/products.
- Oversees department account planning, revenue growth, profitability, work quality, client relations and strategic development.
- Understands the relationship between brands and the public and how to leverage both traditional and emerging media to engage.
- Along with team, is immersed in clients’ business to be consultative.
- Embraces and champions the agency’s core values and is continuously curious in all facets of their role.
- Ensures that client brand content is consistent, well timed, and newsworthy.
- Maintains top-level client contact.
- Works with Senior Leadership to lead new business and agency retention efforts. This includes scouting new business opportunities, analyzing research, writing public relations proposals and plans, and making presentations to potential clients.
- Understands meaningful Public Relations ROI metrics for both the agency and our clients and monitors accordingly to implement improvements and adjustments as needed.
- Works to manage department employees and evaluate staffing requirements.
- Sets the tone to create a spirit of department teamwork, enthusiasm, and high-quality work.
- Represents the team and company in the community through affiliation with non-profit/civic organizations and professional associations.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all other agency teams, in order to find opportunities to merge PR with other disciplines and cultivate new business opportunities.
- Proven work experience in PR or marketing field in a similar role, coordinating successful PR campaigns.
- Expertise executing in both traditional and emerging media networks.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with confidence to serve as the company’s spokesperson.
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with team members, clients and key community partners.