We're looking for an Account Coordinator to join our team. Account Coordinators are looking to gain a solid foundation around advertising principles and are core to the execution of campaigns ensuring that client business is properly coordinated within the agency.
Duties + Responsibilities:
- Assists with preparation of input documents/work orders for projects as directed by Account Supervisor based on agreed upon client objectives and strategies.
- Monitors project activity on assigned clients and communicates status of each project to appropriate agency and client personnel.
- Be proactive in tracking job progress, communicate progress as needed and assist in moving project along on deadline. Raise red flags and updated schedule as project timing shifts.
- Prepare accurate and timely internal communications: conference reports, change orders and production schedules.
- Initiate all jobs in WebVantage. Coordinate project initiation with all assigned staff and agency personnel.
- Work with media to maintain media schedules and process all authorizations required to reserve space.
- Assist with the preparation of project estimates with Account Supervisor.
- Prepares client correspondence as necessary including primary responsibility for updating and distributing weekly status report to clients. Reviews all documents with Account Supervisor prior to release to client.
- Maintain current client, agency and competitive files.
- Proofread all work at each step of a project’s progression.
- Coordinates production of all meeting materials and attends meetings with the goal of delivering meeting notes.
- Obtains comments from clients, requests revisions and proofs changes made by team.
- Learn client and client’s business including client’s preferences, working styles, protocol, contractual and financial agreements, billing format and timing of budget and status reports if required.
- Build rapport and credibility with appropriate client contacts, as well as with internal departments.
- Learn to work independently and become trusted “point” or “go-to” person with internal teams. This means learning the client’s business and gaining trust from team and feeling confident to take initiative on direction.
- Maintains positive morale and sense of teamwork among agency staff assigned to account.
- Enter time on a weekly basis.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Entry level role – 1-3 years’ experience in the communications industry a plus.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to work independently and to collaborate with all departments.
- Critical thinking required to excel in this position.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Strong writing ability in the form of emails, point-of-views, metrics reports and client presentations.
- Computer proficiency; MS Office including MS Outlook.
Performance Evaluation Criteria:
The agency’s annual evaluation of your progress and performance will be based on the specific expectations outlined above. At that time, we will discuss performance observations and perceptions, review opportunities for improvement and growth while providing overall feedback.