We're adding to our team: Account Executive
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our team. Account Executives are responsible for the day-to-day activities of the agency’s work for the client.
The Account Executive position requires the ability to listen to clients’ needs and manage projects from start to finish, earning the confidence of and developing a strong rapport with, day-to-day client contacts. Experience working within the financial services industry is preferable, but not required. 3-5 years of agency experience desired.
- Develop and maintain active and productive working relationships with client contacts
- Earn and keep clients’ respect and confidence as someone they can trust to communicate information and relay ideas in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Develop a knowledge of, and be conversant in each client’s business – business model basics, industry and market changes, key issues and competitive situation
- Demonstrate a commitment to do whatever is required to get the job done right and with enthusiasm
- Anticipate, and proactively make Senior Management staff aware of any and all expectation issues
Staff Relationships and Support
The Account Executive’s critical role is the internal support of the client team.
- Understand the expectations of, and communicate effectively with, all agency team members
- Understand the functions and processes of all agency departments
- Effectively monitor the work of other agency departments against agreed upon timetables
- Demonstrate a commitment to the agency “team” as part of a positive mindset about the work, the client, and agency staff that is involved
- Establish rapport and trust with a range of staff members assigned to the same account(s) – seeking to communicate on a variety of levels, acknowledging the expectations of and on others, and being open to help in any way necessary
- Consistently demonstrate project leadership traits by being prepared and proactive, thorough and accurate
- Demonstrate unity behind team and agency decision-making always considering the client’s needs
- Effectively incorporate Senior Management staff as project objectives or issues warrant
- Oversee work assigned to Account Coordinator
The Account Executive position requires sound judgment and effective problem-solving skills.
- Be able to develop a range of options for client and agency staff in regard to workload, scheduling, trouble-shooting, support
- Display a willingness to embrace research and competitive information opportunities
- Articulate, and adhere to, agreed upon project directives and production guidelines
- Evaluate and provide a point of view on strategic, creative and media alternatives
- Make decisions that reflect a balance of enthusiasm, caution and discretion Organizational Skills The Account Executive is the primary project Executive on all client projects and thus must demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow.
- Effectively manage your time, establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for yourself in order to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to manage details – attentive, accurate and thorough
- Display characteristics of a “self-starter” – able to anticipate needs and act without direction when required
- Provide effective and efficient use of agency resources and processes to insure projects are delivered as promised in terms of content, time and budget
- Maintain current client, agency and competitive files
- Identify, classify, categorize and be able to retrieve information as required by you or agency team members
- Deliver thorough, accurate and consistent work to clients and agency staff Presentation Support The Account Executive is responsible for providing presentation support in the form of content development, presentation creation, preparation and delivery, as requested.
- Make certain agency facilities are prepared for client visits and all presentation materials/supplies are available and ready for the meeting
- Make certain presentation support materials are consistent and in line with the agency’s brand and quality expectations
The Account Executive must be able to write and speak with clarity, authority and persuasion. Specifically:
- Collect, analyze, organize and present an insightful point of view on client assignments or new opportunities
- Contribute to the development of project and/or annual client planning documents
- Be clear and concise in all written information to clients and staff
Adherence to Agency Processes
The Account Executive must consistently utilize agency tools and processes to make certain projects are on-time, on-budget and in support of the information needs of agency management.
- Prepare accurate and timely internal communications: conference reports, creative briefs, change orders, production schedules, media plan requests, media auths and estimates
- Prepare and review Creative Briefs with Creative Director and Director of Client Services, as appropriate
- Prepare weekly status reports for each client and distribute to staff and client
- Work with Project Manager, Accounting and Director of Client Services to prepare project estimates and upon approval upload into WebVantage
- With Accounting, monitor project estimates vs. time and cost accruals to advise of potential budget issues
- Assist with client budget management and reporting on each account. May include approval of monthly billing and income forecasts related to assigned accounts
- Enter your time on a weekly basis
- Follow all standard agency policies and procedures
The agency’s annual evaluation of your progress and performance will be based on the specific expectations outlined above. At that time, we will discuss performance observations and perceptions, review opportunities for improvement and growth while providing overall feedback.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.