Careers at Mintz + Hoke
We're always looking for the next great member of our team, and we currently have positions open. We want to know about you, your interests and your accomplishments.
The Media Assistant should possess a general knowledge of advertising and be attuned to all forms of media, including social media. Primary responsibility will be to process all orders for media purchase and reconciliation. Additionally, the Media Assistant will provide administrative support for the media team in the preparation of media plans, reports, and performance analytics.More information ∨
Job Title: Media Assistant
Reports to: Sr. Media Planner
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates understanding of each Client business.
- Books orders for all media within an assigned group of clients.
- Maintain media schedules across all clients.
- Coordinates creative asset material delivery information including closing deadlines and specifications.
- Monitors placements in progress by spot checking and negotiating credit or billing adjustments when necessary.
- Maintains all media placement orders and is responsible for post-performance reporting.
- Tracks media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
- Collaborates with clients, media partners, media team members and other agency personel to resolve media billing issues.
- Conducts media research, evaluates data; develops point-of-views; understands various media and their applications against Client strategies/goals.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Entry level position. Experience in the communications industry helpful – preferably at a media or advertising agency.
- Strong mathematical abilities required in this position.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Highly self-motivated with an ability to work independently and to collaborate with media buyers and planners as well as client service and accounting teams.
- Critical thinking required to excel in this position.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Strong writing ability in the form of emails, point-of-views, metrics reports and client presentations.
Computer proficiency; MS Office including MS Outlook. This position will also regularly use media buying and media research specific software.
Media Planner + BuyerMore information ∨
- Evaluate, recommend, plan and buy media opportunities for assigned accounts.
- Keep current with industry and audience media consumption, adjusting campaigns as necessary.
- Exhibit an understanding of the Client’s business.
- Demonstrate ability to work on multiple accounts and meet all deadlines.
- Ability to work with all agency departments and be a problem-solver / critical thinker is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consult with Media Director, Clients, and/or Account Service to establish media objectives, and strategies for advertising campaigns.
- Study demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences for all media.
- Partner with media representatives to evaluate optimum use of budgeted funds to achieve marketing and sales objectives.
- Evaluate editorial content, ratings, and audience composition across all forms of media to determine which would most effectively reach the target audience.
- Present media plans to Media and Account Service team and/or Client for approval and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Meet and communicate approved plans to Media Assistants.
- Input avails from stations into buying system.
- Create media buys based on approved plan and release to partners.
- Maintain media schedules, handle make-good negotiations and review post buys on a weekly basis for all clients.
- Resolve broadcast invoice discrepancies with Media Biller and media representatives.
- Track media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
- Hold media vendors accountable and addressing delivery issues.
- Negotiate added-value for clients.
- Manage daily client workflow with Media Assistants (i.e POVs, performance and spend reports).
- Analyze the effectiveness of each campaign and applying this data to future campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Advanced and thorough knowledge of media planning, buying principles, techniques and terminology.
- 2 years minimum broadcast planning and buying experience required.
- Verbal and written communication proficiency.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees of the agency.
- Strong and professional negotiating skills.
- Self-motivated, highly dependable, organized and focused demeanor.
- Strong mathematical abilities required in this position.
- Attention to detail required.
- Must be able to occasionally travel to supported client meetings and events.
Marketing + Advertising Intern
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing + advertising intern to join our team. As a marketing and advertising intern, you will collaborate with our Account Service, Media and Public Relations departments in all stages of various marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels. This internship will help you acquire and develop marketing and account management skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and advertising and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment.More information ∨
- Perform market analysis and competitive research
- Process change orders
- Assist in meeting coordination and scheduling
- Identify and track relevant industry trends
- Participate in brainstorming, kickoff sessions, and cross functional reviews
- Content population
- Assist in building production schedules
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from current client marketing campaigns
- Support the agency in other daily administrative tasks
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient
- Careful attention to detail
- General willingness to be flexible and take on multiple tasks at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Current enrollment in a related BS degree program
Social Media Manager
The social media manager will be responsible for a mix of strategic planning, tactical execution and analytic/results reporting for clients in both B2B and B2C spaces. The ideal candidate is an expert on the fundamentals of enterprise social media and how to use it as a medium for storytelling, building awareness within key audience and stakeholder groups, research to inform broader marketing initiatives, and driving community engagement. We are seeking an experienced social media manager to optimize our own social channels and work with clients to maintain and grow their digital footprints. Working directly with members of the public relations team, the social media manger will align social messaging with earned media strategies, including influencer outreach, and amplify the reach of earned media coverage. The social media manager must function in a highly collaborative environment and will need a solid understanding of how to drive consumer engagement in line with business goals across multiple communities.More information ∨
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create social media content strategies and execute against them
- Incorporate original content, curated content and engagement into social media plans
- Draft content for social posts and work with copywriters and art directors when necessary for support
- Develop and maintain effective social media tactics and best practices
- Identify paid media or “sponsored content” opportunities, working with media team for strategic and budgetary direction and creative team for content development
- Collaborate with media and strategy in cultivating relationships to grow reach, engagement and conversion
- Use analytics to create results reports and point of view that relate to client and agency goals
- Utilize agency resources, including Sprout enterprise social media management software, Google Analytics, Feedly, etc.
- Ghostwrite thought leadership articles for long-form content posts
- Draft social media comment and privacy policies
- Advise about compliance on social media platform policies
- Perform social listening initiatives
- Research trends and events that should be incorporated into strategies
- Integrate organic social media strategy into overarching public relations plans within the earned media category
- Administrative duties to support workflow (i.e. status reports, meeting scheduling, work orders, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in communications, public relations, advertising or marketing
- 5+ years’ enterprise social media experience including the management of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram platforms mandatory
- Experience with additional social platforms preferred, such as SnapChat, Google+, Pinterest and blogging services
- Communication skills to move the development of social media post assets through participating internal departments, including client services, creative and media
- Experience developing organic and sponsored content across platforms
- Research skills to support data-driven social listening initiatives and meaningful analytic/results reporting functions
- Attention to detail, excellent proofreading ability and accountability for accuracy
- Must be able to occasionally travel to support client meetings and events
- Familiarity with Sprout social media management software is preferred but not required