Careers at Mintz + Hoke
We're always looking for the next great member of our team, and we currently have positions open. We want to know about you, your interests and your accomplishments.
Mintz + Hoke Copywriters are not just wordsmiths, they’re strategy mavens. They develop ideas. They think visually as well as verbally. They solve problems and see beyond the project (yet work within scope). You’ll work with colleagues and clients who’ll challenge you. And collaborate with you. You’ll work in all forms of media and communications channels from print and broadcast advertising to brochures and sales support to websites and online ads. You’ll also have the opportunity to manage other creative people and help keep the workflow flowing. If you are a great contributor as well as a good teacher, this position could be your dream job.More information ∨
Duties + Responsibilities:
- Creates ideas that drive communications campaigns and programs – in partnership with CD, Senior Art directors, Art Directors, Developers and other team members.
- Ensures the quality of the concept and the work produced in collaboration with CD, Senior Art Directors, Art Directors, and other team members.
- Works closely with upper management to identify and suggest solutions on how to improve departmental and team morale.
- Assists in management of training and development for creative team.
- Write for all forms of media, online and offline, like advertising, collateral, websites, email promotions, etc.
- Acts as mentor to junior creatives on ideas, processes and output.
- Writes short-form and long-form.
- Reviews input and research. Conducts own research as needed.
- Edits clients’ copy as needed.
- Complies with all administrative guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills + Abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills within the agency team and with clients.
- Ability to lead a team and mentor junior team members.
- Proactive thinking.
- Ability to direct and enhance the efforts of a creative team.
- Ability to apply conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, day-to-day directing of a project to completion.
- Ability to be a team player alongside account managers, production, and digital team members.
- Ability to produce cutting edge, creative, and exceptional copywriting.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
Qualifications + what to bring to the interview:
- 7+ Years of copywriting experience.
- Experience providing leadership and direction across disciplines and channels.
- Show us a portfolio of concepts you created and copy you’ve written.
- Show us ads as well as other kinds of communications you’ve written.
- Tell us about the results of campaigns you helped create.
Senior Art Director
You have 5-7 years’ experience, give or take. You have a portfolio that elicits a few “oohs" and “ahs." You are a super-collaborator who works well with clients, writers, account people, media and development team members. And you can jump from a web site to a print ad to a banner to a brochure project. You love typography. You know your way around Adobe creative suite — InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. You have strong design chops, but you’d rather be selling than making something that just looks pretty. You’re a good teacher with some experience guiding younger creatives. You are kind, considerate and likable. Bonus: The ability to light and shoot still photography and/or shoot and edit video is a big plus.More information ∨
Job functions and responsibilities
- Work in a team of two or three with copywriters and development team members.
- Collaborate with account team.
- Create concepts – ideas that drive communications campaigns and programs – in partnership with copy and development team members.
- Create layouts and designs for a wide range of media both online and offline, such as advertising, collateral, web sites, email promotions, etc.
- Review input and research. Conduct research as needed.
- Present work internally and to clients, as needed.
- Defend your best ideas with passion and strong rationales.
- Complete other assignments as determined by CD.
- Participate in new business pitches and other special projects.
- Work with speed and accuracy under occasionally tight deadlines
- Adhere to the administrative guidelines in our employee handbook
What to bring to the interview
- A portfolio of your best work, showing the depth of your thinking, art direction skills, creative vision and original ideas.
Junior Web Developer
Mintz + Hoke’s Junior Web Developer is responsible for helping plan and build digital solutions to address client needs. In this position the developer will work on HTML emails, landing pages, and maintenance of existing web applications.More information ∨
The developer works closely with other developers, as well as UX, design, quality assurance, and project management team members on a day-to-day basis.
This is an entry-level role that will position the developer for growth, building ability to take on more complex responsibilities including development of small to full-scale web applications and rich media.
- Familiarity with responsive design
- Experience working from Photoshop documents
- Ability to work well in a team environment, excelling both individually and collectively
- Comfortable working on web applications for external clients, with deadlines
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred, or related work experience
- Familiarity with programming HTML emails a plus
- Experience using and extending WordPress or other mainstream CMS a plus
- Experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP) stack a plus
- Collaborate with a team of developers in partnership with creative design team
- Work closely with project managers to understand and meet delivery timelines
- Translate design documents into front end and presentation layer development
- Program HTML emails and landing pages to support integrated marketing programs
- Maintain existing web applications, implementing new features and debugging as needed
- Writing and debugging for multiple browsers and email clients
- Work in a fast-paced continual learning environment – requires independent education with the ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies to solve business issues
- Follow coding standards and best practices
- Ability to follow design and functional specifications as well as production processes
- Be interested and open to the technology that best supports a client’s needs
- Other tasks as required